- 3 large cans (28 oz each) pork and beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, halved
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon over medium heat until it has partially cooked. Remove bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add onions to bacon drippings in pan and cook until soft and translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add beans, ketchup, molasses, mustard, vinegar, and brown sugar to skillet and bring to a simmer. (If skillet isn’t large enough, bring these to a simmer in a separate pot.) Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top beans with slices of partially cooked bacon and place in oven on middle rack. Bake until the top is dark and caramelized and sauce is thick and syrupy, 2-3 hours.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: yummymommies.net