- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages active dry yeast, .25 oz packets
- 8 cups all purpose flour + 1 cup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- Melted Butter
- 2 cups brown sugar ( +2 more cups)
- Ground Cinnamon
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mix the quart of milk, 1 cup butter, and 1 cup sugar in a pan.
- Bring almost to a boil, just “scald” the milk.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until just warm.
- Add in the 2 packages of yeast.
- Transfer liquid mixture to a bowl and add in the 8 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Cover bowl with a towel and allow to rise for an hour.
- After it has risen, turn out onto a floured surface and add in one more cup of flour, kneading it all in.
- Take about 1/2 the dough and roll it out into a rectangle.
- Cover with a thin layer of melted butter, sprinkle liberally with the brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Starting with the long side away from you, roll the dough up towards you. Fold the dough up and pinch it closed. Take a knife and cut about 2 1/2 inch sections.
- Place them into a greased pan, almost touching each other.
- Follow same process with other half of dough.
- Once they are all cut and placed into the pan, allow them to rise for an additional 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400, for about 15 minutes!
- While cooking, combine the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt in a bowl.
- Once cinnamon rolls are baked, remove from oven and frost immediately! Serve!!
Get helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: yummymommies.net